The Sacrament of Reconcillation, also known as Confession could be, a vital means of opening our lives to the life of God. Rather than thinking of it as a recitation of sins, perhaps it would be worth reflecting on the Confession of Life.
Confession of praise:
- acknowledging / admitting the role of God in the whole of my life
- rejoicing in my gifts and abilities, family and friends
- giving thanks for the good things received
Confession of sins:
- acknowledging / admitting where I exclude God from my life
- admitting desires which tend away from God
- admitting areas of shortcomings
As a consequence, one may know both what to praise God for, and what to confess. Confession is available to all who desire it; please contact Parish Administrator Martin Hill on t: 07756 736 548 or e: email@example.com if you wish to arrange a time to make your Confession.